The International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC) is the essential discount card designed for full-time teachers and professors. Since its introduction in 1984, the ITIC has grown to become the most widely accepted proof of teaching status worldwide. Save at home and abroad on travel, accommodation, food and drink, entertainment, admissions to museums and cultural attractions, retail purchases and more.
To search the ITIC discounts available worldwide, click here, enter your destination and look for the orange ITIC globe in the benefit listings.
All bona fide teachers, professors, and instructors residing in Canada and working at a recognized educational institution as a full-time teaching staff (as defined by your institution) for a minimum of 18 hours per week and for a minimum of one academic year.
The 2014 ITIC is valid from Sep 1, 2013 – Dec. 31 2014. Apply early in the card year for maximum value!
Where Do I Get an ITIC?
It’s easy! You can apply for the ITIC in person at all Travel CUTS offices or by mail. If applying by mail, please allow 3 weeks for processing.
To obtain an ITIC you will need to provide:
- A completed ITIC application. Click Here for a PDF version.
- A photograph of yourself (head shot) that measures 1.25″ x 1.5″ (30 x 36mm) and is printed on photo-quality paper.
- Proof of full-time teaching status, as defined by your institution.
- A photocopy of your staff card clearly indicating teacher status and year of validity plus a photocopy of another picture ID (i.e. driver’s license); OR
- A letter from your school bearing the seal of the institution and confirming full-time teacher status plus a photocopy of another picture ID (i.e. driver’s license).
- $20 plus an additional $1.50 for postage and handling if ordering by mail.
PLEASE NOTE: If you purchase a Travel CUTS special fare that requires an ITIC, you will need your ITIC at the time of boarding your flight. If you don’t have your ITIC with you, the airline may deny you boarding. If you are eligible, you can still book a teacher fare even if you don’t yet have the ITIC; however, you must obtain and have in your possession an ITIC within 48 hours of your booking.
Need advice on health and visa requirements? Have a legal or health emergency arise while you’re on the road? Call the Help Line collect at +44 20 8762 8110. It is a free 24-hour service available exclusively to ITIC holders.